Sunday, September 16, 2007

Noah Goes to California


Shortly after Noah was born, the College Board asked Dave to go to San Diego for an important training, so Noah and I decided to tag along! We were both excited to catch a little CA sun & visit his auntie/uncle & many of our friends in Long Beach.
* Noah was just 3.5 weeks old on his very first plane ride! He did so well, and charmed many of the TSA employees as we took him through the security checkpoints.

* I'm a pretty private person, so I was REALLY nervous about breastfeeding in public (I knew I would have to feed Noah in the airport, the plane, & other places with strangers around). I was sweating bullets while nursing him on our first takeoff, but as the week went on it got easier. By the time we came home, I was an old pro! Nothing like getting out of your comfort zone & being stretched...believe it or not, I'm actually thankful about it. (All you Hood women would be so proud of me!)

* This really was my first time being alone with Noah all day, since we had so many people at our house to help out those first weeks. It took me awhile to figure out how to get a shower (one day in the hotel I put him in the stroller & rolled it into the bathroom so I could watch him). Crazy, figuring out how to share my days with this little man!

* We had such a great time hanging out with my sister Alison & her husband Austin in Costa Mesa. We enjoyed snacks at Jongewaard's Bake 'N Broil, America's Cup, Panera, and Pat & Oscar's, and Noah had his very first In-N-Out experience! (Heaven on a bun!)
* It was REALLY warm while we were there, and Alison & Austin's apt. doesn't have A/C or good air circulation. So Noah & I sweated it out a bit, and still enjoyed the CA heat wave (nothing like 100 degree weather in Boise, mind you!)

* This was the first time that Dave & I returned to CA together since leaving Long Beach in 2003. We had a great time seeing many of our friends & introducing them to Noah, and he celebrated his 1-month-old birthday at Long Beach Friends Church!
* Here are our favorite pics:
- Noah & Daddy hanging out in the hotel
- Noah enjoying In-N-Out
- Auntie Alison's Izzy Skizzito
- Me & Alison at Panera
- Dave & Austin
- Hanging out in adorable overalls in Alison's apt.
- Car trunk aka changing table
- "Airing out" at the Shabels
- Noah & the Shabels (and Tony!)
- The girls & Noah
- Celebrating another successful feeding in the back of the car
- Noah & Daddy in the Hertz van
- Noah & Daddy walking the airport
- Fun in the plane
- Changing & relaxing on the flight home

No comments: