Monday, July 9, 2007

What a Weekend!

The Big Event didn't happen, but we had quite a weekend!

Alison and Austin's wedding reception in Twin Falls was Friday night, but Dave and I had a horrible time trying to figure out if we should go. I didn't feel very well on Friday, and I think I made Dave a bit skittish at the idea of being stuck somewhere in the desert between here and there with a baby on the way. We finally decided at the last minute to go, and ended up getting waylayed for another reason - horrible traffic and fires. There was a huge storm that passed through the Magic Valley, carrying heat lightning and winds up to 75 mph. The freeway and Perrine Bridge got closed (both roads leading to the reception), which was also about the time the area lost power. But Redmans are resilient and the Bybees (the hosts) were amazing, and the whole event came off beautifully. The winds died down, they rescued tables and awnings from the trees, and a wonderful crowd of folks arrived to wish my sister and her new husband well. It was lovely!

Dave and I headed home on Saturday night just to play it safe, and less than an hour after getting back I started feeling horrible and got sick. I wondered if it might be the beginning...but after getting to sleep I woke on Sunday feeling fine. False alarm!

And then last night, after a whole day of preparing for the baby's arrival, I woke with horrible lower back pain that kept me up on and off for about 4 hours. I was pretty convinced that labor was imminent, but I finally drifted off to sleep and awoke feeling just fine again. So we'll see...but I'm starting to think it won't be long!

(Alison & Austin will be particularly excited to know this, given that they've had to postpone their return to CA due to car trouble. They've given me another day to get things moving, so I wanted them to know I'm doing all I can!) :-)

No comments: