Sunday, October 4, 2009

We Miss You, Mars

I wish I could tell you a joyous tale of Marley's speedy recovery and homecoming, but life doesn't always end the way we'd like. After hours of seizures, every possible medical intervention, and much prayer, Dave & I finally had to resign ourselves to saying good-bye to Marley at 8:45 p.m. last Sunday.

This has been a long week of grief, memories, and of realizing just how much Marley was a part of our lives. He was the world's coolest dog! I know the numb feeling will eventually subside & we'll likely even get another pet - but his spot in our hearts will remain. He entered our lives at a pivotal point, he made us a family, and he was Noah's first companion. We miss you so much, Mars!

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts, kind words, and prayers, and for loving him almost as much as we did...

9 comments:

Every Day Blessings said...

Sorry you had to say good bye to your special pet. I know They are family.

Unknown said...

I wish I could hug you guys in person! I'm so sorry for your huge loss. He was family. I hope this week is a little bit better.

Jamie said...

Oh, Emily, I am so sorry. Looking forward to giving you a big hug later this week.

Amy said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! I know how you feel and it's awful. Hugs to you all.

Sarah said...

Oh guys! I can't even begin to tell you how sad we are for you. I can't imagine. Hayden is such a part of us and I couldn't fathom life without her. I know exactly what you mean about Noah's first companion. I hope Noah's doing alright and not asking for him too much. I'm so sorry. Wish we could be there to support you through this.
Love,
Sarah and Dustin

Susan said...

Really sorry to hear about your loss. Lots of hugs for you, Dave, and Noah.

Unknown said...

oh no! i'm so sorry to hear that em

Anza said...

So sorry for your loss...hope time is healing the hurt!

Nicole said...

oh em...so sorry that mars is gone. it is such a hard time and it takes a while to realize that they are really gone. after we lost jake our yellow lab, i still heard the click of his nails on our hard wood floor and a noise that he made while he slept for weeks after. hang in there and know that "all dogs go to heaven!!!" hope to see you soon.