Monday, September 8, 2008

Sweet Baby James

My husband kicks a%#! For my first mother's day, he surprised me with 3rd row tickets to see James Taylor and his Band of Legends at the outdoor USANA Amphitheater in Salt Lake on August 4.

It was probably the most AMAZING concert I've ever been to - the weather was perfect, the crowd so laid back & fun, and JT enjoyed himself immensely. So did we!

They performed songs from his new album Covers -but my favorite was their rendition of Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin' from Rodgers & Hammerstein's Oklahoma (it's not on the CD).

Here's a picture that someone took with their cameraphone that evening - though they were sitting about 10 rows behind us. We were so close, we could hear him speak without the microphone!

Thanks SO much, my Love. What an amazing gift!

No comments: