Thursday, April 26, 2007

All Hail TastyKakes!


Oh my, behold the chocolatey goodness!

A little while ago, I received a box from a friend in VA. I was expecting it to arrive, but I wasn't expecting it to contain 2 boxes of delicious TastyKake chocolate donuts! In her infinite wisdom, Jamie tucked in a little treat for me as a surprise. For those of you who know about my TastyKake fetish, you can guess how excited I was. I shrieked, jumped up and down, and made so much commotion that both Dave & Marley came running. It was quite the sight!

And the funny thing is, Jamie didn't even know that earlier in my pregnancy I contacted the TastyKake company directly to arrange for chocolate donut shipments to my door. (They only sell their products in PA, MD, DE, NJ & northern VA.) I knew it was a long shot, but I thought they might take pity on me & my pregnancy cravings. No luck - I received a very polite "no," and have been forced to endure Hostess & Little Debbie donuts as a result (and trust me, there is NO comparison).

MANY THANKS to Jamie for such a blissful gift. Little Man Jones & I are enjoying our tasty treats immensely!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily,
From your old KU MPA haunts. Ray forwarded this site to me...I am glad you are doing so well and what is wrong with those people not wanting to send you treats...honestly :o)

Much joy and happiness to you,
Sabine
KUMPA Program

Anonymous said...

Wow! The donuts and I got our own blog entry. I'm honored. :) Glad you're enjoying them... more are on the way, so eat up!