Friday, May 28, 2010

The Story...

Well, you already know the beginning of Baby Zwei's story. Not too tough to figure that out. (Kids, go ask your parents. Expect a sit down.)

I found out first - expected such a thing was true, but waited plenty of time to make sure. Told Dave through his Valentine's Day gift (a baby outfit, paci & bottle drying rack - long story). My boys got me a beautiful orchid (still as gorgeous today as it was almost 4 mos. ago). I was 5 weeks along at that point, and Baby was the size of a poppyseed.


Incidentally, I think my blog hiatus began about then, too - when I started sleeping instead of posting. (And all of you who gave me hell now feel really bad, right?!)

We told our families at Week 9. The plan: for Noah to share our joyous news by sporting a "Big Brother" shirt & yelling "SURPRISE!"

The reality: at the Jones farm, he demanded to go down for a nap moments before lunch, when our plan was to be staged. So we showed them the shirt instead. We at least got him in it for the Redmans, though it was our first morning at DisneyWorld & he was grumpy, so he ended up bursting into tears when everyone saw his shirt & got excited. It was classic!

Ah, the best laid plans...

My pregnancy has been uneventful (thank you, Lord) & has flown by. It's pretty textbook 2nd child: no pictures, a tardy blog mention, & very little to-do thus far. The one outside my tummy currently demands far more attention than the one inside!

But we are having fun introducing Baby to Noah. Noah has decided he has a baby in his tummy, too, and is already preparing to teach 'Mommy's Baby' how to sleep & play trains. We think he'll be quite the Big Brother.

At this post, I am days shy of 20 weeks (halfway done). We just had the big ultrasound yesterday, but I'll leave you hanging with the "pink or blue?!" question for another day...

2 comments:

Anza said...

Oh my goodness...did you find out pink or blue? I can't stand it. Like we said before, we are so excited for you and can't wait to meet the little bundle.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! You are more ornery than those of us who don't find out "pink or blue" until THAT DAY.