Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What Now?

We live in exciting times!

I'm allowing myself to be unabashedly optimistic right now -- while I know Obama is only a man, not a savior who can right our wrongs at will, I also know that he has awakened a spirit in many. Yesterday felt electric: the hope, the community of strangers, the collective opportunity to make a difference.

That's where the change must happen. In us. With us.

His inaugural speech said it well:
Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America.

For as much as government can do and must do, it is ultimately the faith and determination of the American people upon which this nation relies.

What is required of us now is a new era of responsibility...

How, then, shall we live?

2 comments:

Every Day Blessings said...

We first need to learn to be content.We need to Stop spending what we do not have!
We need to work hard at our jobs and stop expecting the US to hand out and give us.
That is my two cents worth.

Traci said...

I so agree Em! I'm also allowing myself to enjoy the moment and be unabashedly optimistic while (whilst?) still keeping my feet firmly planted in reality. It really is a breath of fresh air.

Love the photos of Noah and "Mmm-ba". I wonder if that'll catch on?