Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Day

What an incredible day!

How amazing it was, to be a part of history in the making. Not that we were in DC (I haven't missed it as much as I did today) - but even as we sat together in our living room, watching the inauguration, I was struck by the enormity of it all. That years from now, I'll tell Noah about the day I played hooky from work to watch the culmination of so many people's dreams and sacrifices. Of how he was only 18 months old when it happened, but it changed his life and the lives of so many others. Forever.

I'll leave you with a few pictures/memories from today:

Noah this morning, looking at the crowd assembled on the National Mall - roughly 2 million strong. He clapped and cheered with the throng!

Noah this evening, listening to a performance at one of the inaugural balls. We both loved the Neighborhood Ball - the First Couple's first stop of the night. I'll never forget my slow dance with Noah as Beyonce' sang 'At Last' for President Obama and Michelle.

No comments: