Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Shear Joy

We're giving Noah a sheep for Christmas.


(Last year we gave him a flock of ducks.)

Okay, so we're not actually giving him a sheep - we're giving one to an impoverished family on his behalf, through Heifer International. And in return for receiving that sheep, the family will give one of its offspring to another needy family in their community. That family also agrees to give away one of their sheep's offspring - and before you know it, the whole village has soft, warm wool & the hope of self-sufficiency!

Advancing the cause against hunger & poverty - a sweet Christmas present!

5 comments:

Motormouth Macey said...

What a neat idea!

Carrie Hutchings said...

What a great idea....I love it. And I think I'm going to steal it. :)

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog when it was featured as Blog of note. I've checked back once or twice since then and let me tell you, the stories you tell always make me smile. thank you
S

Amy said...

We love giving these kind of gifts..and people love to receive them. I'm sure Noah does, too! It's great to start early....

Happy Christmas!!

Unknown said...

i love heifer...something else i learned about from the hood crowd! thank you tricia! i hadn't thought about giving it to hannah or jason though, what a great idea!