Sunday, November 30, 2008

Grandpa Jones

(Grandpa with Noah & Mars last September; Noah was 2 mos. old)

(4 generations of Jones men, in April)

Dave's grandpa, Robert Clayton Jones, passed away on November 10. He was an honest man, a proud father, grandfather & great-grandfather, and a hard worker - at 80 years old, he was out discing a field less than 2 weeks before he died.

He loved many things, including David, Marley & Noah Jones! And he loved to smile. I only wish I would have known him more - he had a great sense of humor (& he was very mischievous!)

Dave did his memorial service, using family memories & stories, and it was a simple, wonderful celebration of a simple, wonderful man.

We will miss you, Grandpa.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet pictures. Thanks for sharing. He was an amazing man and we are sad for your family's loss.

rc said...

What kind words to say. A beautiful entry. I know Grandpa thought a lot of you and loved little Noah a lot. So glad that Dave spoke and wish I could have heard it. Looking forward to see you guys in just a couple weeks!

Motormouth Macey said...

This is a wonderful sentiment. Its been many years since I've seen Grandpa Jones, but I've never forgotten his warm (and you're right, mischievous!) smile. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Have a good holiday!