Saturday, June 16, 2007

California, Here We Come!

Or rather, there we were. The trip to CA for Alison's wedding certainly was eventful! Here are a few highlights:


On doctor's orders, I had to get out of the car every 2 hours & walk for 15 minutes. That doesn't sound difficult until you actually try to find somewhere to walk while on the road! So I got to know the truck stops very well...and people were quite curious about the pregnant woman power-walking around the building 27 times! Here's Dave and I braving the elements on my first walk in Wells, NV (it was 34 degrees out!)





I also wore compression socks while in the car to keep from getting blood clots. Those babies are a bit tight! Here's me putting them on for the LAST time at the very end of the trip.





It all seemed worth it when we got to Vegas and saw a beautiful sight: In-N-Out Burger. Ah, the tastiness!





And if the pending nuptials weren't enough, I gave everyone something extra to get excited about: I caught a stomach virus & got horribly ill, and spent most of Saturday at the Torrance Memorial Medical Center! I was dehydrated & having contractions, so they had to keep me for awhile to run tests. Everything turned out just fine & I made it to the wedding (even stayed standing the whole time!), but I gave us all a little scare. Yuck!






It was a great trip, though - the wedding was beautiful and my sister was absolutely gorgeous (Austin wasn't bad looking, either!) Congratulations to the newlyweds!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you guys are so cute. congratulations. happy anniversary. happy baby and all. i appreciate the nod to my source of income, the Burger King, with the sign in the background of the first photo. way to be guys. love you and am glad you had a good time and returned home safely. alison and austin look so cute there. love ya. buck