Friday, June 4, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAVE!


Dave's birthday is today!


"Happy Birthday, Daddy!"

And what a day it's been! Noah decided to be 'super big boy' all of a sudden, and ate an entire bowl of hamburger & rice with a spoon (ok, a spork).

We have been trying for weeks to get him to use a spoon completely on his own, but he hates the mess (yes, he's my child). But he decided today was the day & went for it. He had a few casualties, but kept going.


And then he asked to wash his hands. I'm so proud of him! (It's the little things!)

Here's my boy, quite proud of his accomplishments.
(Note the Hans Solo Return of the Jedi shirt - got it at a garage sale last week. It's an original from 1983! Love.)

My great success of the day was surprising Dave with a big cookie delivery at the training he's conducting in Wenatchee. He's actually out of town today, and birthdays are big celebrations in our house - so I had to get creative. It took some energy & research, but was totally worth it!

(Props to Jodi at Jeepers Bagels. If you're ever in Wenatchee, support them!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Unbelievable! I love it and I love you, Emily Noelle! Thanks!!!!

Unknown said...

Unbelievable! I love it and I love you, Emily Noelle! Thanks!!!!

AMB said...

OMG, he's sooo cute :)